Senior Planner (Consultancy)
Up to £60,000 (Negotiable) + Fully Comprehensive Package
I am working with one of the country’s leading design and engineering consultancies, who specialise in complex infrastructure projects. Disciplines range from architecture, civil, structural, building services, engineering and CDM consultancy.
They are looking for someone who can manage and coordinate their planning process, analyse and challenge schedule / programme updates and track variances. Part of the role will be managing risks, improving project performance and ultimately ensuring best practice. You will be a confident Primavera P6 user and ideally have extensive experience of either planning within a range of projects or come from an engineer / control engineer background.
You will be working closely with the project leads to develop and manage schedules in Primavera P6. Ensure that the reporting relating to the project performance always reflects the most up to date status. Providing work plans for completion with each discipline, utilising provided data for reporting of progress against current baselines and report on variance and challenge visible trends with relevant teams.
- Develop and manage resource loaded schedules and guide the project team to create a robust project baseline
- Facilitate weekly project update meetings to challenge performance and further progress, update forecast to complete hours and implement changes derived from assessments made
- Highlight potential risk, critical path analysis, and provide suitable mitigation measures to the appropriate lead
- Support the change control process and implement baseline change requests with in primavera P6
- Continually improve and streamline the planning process. Maintain a consistent process and evaluate the benefit of reporting
Microsoft Excel including advanced formulas and pivot tables
- Technical proficient with Primavera P6
- Experience of Microsoft Project
- Experience with Management Reporting
- Experience of stakeholder Management
- Experience with a variety of Construction Contracts
- Presentation skills and the ability to run workshops
- Good general software ability
- Earned Value Management
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- NEC Contracts
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.