Principal Mechanical Engineer
PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER
An excellent, expanding multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, established for over 50 years, require a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join them in their Manchester office to continue their robust growth plans.
Important – Extensive proven UK experience of building services design experience, in a consultancy environment.
As the Principal Mechanical Engineer you will join an expanding and highly successful design team; regularly liaising with other disciplines and offices; mentoring and developing more junior engineers and helping to further develop business.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer’s key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To manage projects including allocated resources such as graduates and technicians. To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants.
- Active involvement in mechanical building services project design
- Maintain the Project Management Plan.
- Represent the company as part of a Professional Design Team.
- To manage the team allocated for a project which may include various disciplines.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Responsible in leading the quality and the timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
- Manage the workload and oversee technical and commercial management of a small team.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Take an active role in the development of the Building Services Division with a view to expanding its client base and workload
The ideal Principal Mechanical Engineer will have:
- Substantial building services design experience is required
- Client facing experience is essential
- BEng (Hons) degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- CEng (Chartered) Status would be a distinct advantage
- Ideal candidate will have detailed experience of thermal modelling using IES software
The successful Principal Mechanical Engineer will be offered a great package and salary. This is a great opportunity to work within a highly reputable business and be part of their robust growth plans over the next few years.
For more information on this or other Building Services roles contact Sam Derham on 02392 314791.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.